Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Manicure... Nicole By OPI If The Blue Fits... Sinful Colors Sugar, Sugar... Stamping

Happy Memorial Day ladies! Hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend and got to participate in some fun since this weekend is the unofficial kick off to the Summer. Barbeque, picnic, pool parties...what did you do this weekend?

I also wanted to take a moment to thank those in the military who died serving our country. This is a day to honor all those that gave up their lives for our freedom. Thank you for your sacrifice for the rest of us!

So for todays manicure I did a Memorial Day theme. I wanted to incorporate a patriotic feel along with a summery, fun feel we all tend to have this weekend every year. So that explains the star stamping image, the BBQ stamping image and the red, white and blue colors. So, what is with the pink in the BBQ stamping? Good question because I stamped it using a white polish!


This mani was one of those that just fought me tooth and nail! I had to redo that ring finger three times! It was just meant to be imperfect from what I was trying to achieve. So this was the least screwed up this looked and I was not will to give it another go and risk another horrendous outcome. I suspect what happened is... because I didn't topcoat the base color before stamping this nail like I did always do. So I think the red bled through the white stamping after I top coated the finished stamping.


For this manicure I applied the following:

  • Milani Smoothe Base Coat
  • Nicole By OPI If The Blue Fits...2 coats
  • Sinful Colors Sugar, Sugar...2 coats
  • Out the Door Top Coat...1 coat
  •  For All Stamping Sinful Colors Snow Me White was used
  • Nail Plate W107 Winstonia
  • Seche Vite Top Coat...1 coat
 Have a great week and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Thank you for reading my blog. I love to hear from my readers and I read and reply to every comment. Thanks again! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...