Friday, May 31, 2013

Essie Naughty Nautical from Essie Summer 2013 Collection... Nubar Star Sparkles Detail... POLISH AND PACKAGING Swatch / Review

I picked up Essie Naughty Nautical from their Naughty Nautical Collection Summer 2013. It was the stand out color of the collection that I had to have as soon as I set my eyes on it. I also picked up The More The Merrier, which I will be posting soon. I was going to do a mani with them together, but when I started... it just was not working for me. So I switched to an awesome sparkling detail nail using Nubar Star Sparkles.


THE POLISH
Essie Naughty Nautical is a marine blue-green based, silver shimmer polish. The simmer is very subtle. You can not really see it if you are not looking for it. I absolutely love the color.  Application was on the thick side and dry time was slow. The formula was a let down for me. My entire manicure was ruined within two hours. I had to remove it all because it looked like a total nightmare! And it wasn't like I did my nails and went out to play a game of football either! If I were to use this polish again I would make an extra effort to apply very thin coats and plan tons of time doing nothing during dry time. I applied 2 coats.

I applied 3 coats of Nubar Star Sparkle to my ring finger. I just love this polish with Essie Naughty Nautical. It seems like a perfect accent polish to complement this color. It has amazing sparkle and I included a blurred picture to try to get across the true sparkle-liousness of this polish. Love it. :)


THE PACKAGING 
The bottle is square with rounded corners comes with a labeling on the top of the handle. This makes it easy to see the color without any obstructions of a label on the body of the bottle. The handle is of the shortest and smallest diameter in a standard size bottle that I own. Holding on to the brush is a bit more of a challenge. The brush is a smaller size, narrow brush. Contains 15ml of polish.


THE MANICURE
For this manicure I applied the following:

  • OPI Nail Envy...as a treatment coat, 2 coats (applied previous day)
  • Milani Smoothe Base Coat....1 coat
  • Essie Naughty Nautical...2 coats
  • Nubar Star Sparkles (detail nail)...3 coats
  • Out The Door...as a top coat, 1 coat


THE REST OF THE STORY  
View more Essie Polishes





I am now on Twitter, Pinterest and Bloglovin!
Follow me with the links below. :) 
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Friday and have a great weekend! 

14 comments:

  1. Its a pretty color! Love the accent glitter you paired it with too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...glad you like it. I wish I could have worn it longer!

      Delete
  2. Maybe a few drops of thinner would make application better? Anyway I love the color and the accent nail too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...I will try that. It is worth the try because I really do like the color. No problem about the duplicate comment. I just deleted it. :)

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty color I am sorry your mani was ruined!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. They are amazing polishes. I would highly recommend trying one! :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks...I sure do love this color myself. I wish the formula was easier to deal with!

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog. I love to hear from my readers and I read and reply to every comment. Thanks again! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...