Wednesday, June 20, 2012

New Job Suitable? Wet N Wild Megalast Sugar Coat, Revlon Starry Pink

Well, I started a new job and I am trying to keep my nails subdued for awhile...maybe the first couple weeks...blahhhh! My nails were naked for the first two days! I just had a top coat on them. For today, I went with Wet n Wild in Sugar Coat and it is a very nice pink, but it just needed a little something more! What could I possible add to this mani that would not be too much? I was searching my stash and lookie what I found...Revlon in Starry Pink...perfect...a little glitter that is not too much. ; )


I love both these polishes. Wet n Wild Magalast in Sugar Coat was a nice creme light pink with a good amount of color in it, but it still needed 3 coats. It has the "ManiCurve Pro Brush", which I love and have *raved* about it previous posts. It is a great full brush, but may not be for those with narrow nail bed.

The Revlon in Starry Pink is full of both small and hex silver glitters in a nice base of light pink. The base of this polish is almost a spot on match of the Wet n Wild Megalast Sugar Coat.


Is this "New Job Appropriate" to you? Well, we probably will all think that it is, so I guess the real question is... Do you think Non-Nail Polish Addicts would find this to be appropriate for the work place?  


For this manicure I applied the following:
  • Milani Smoothe Base Coat
  • Wet n Wild Megalast in Sugar Coat...3 coats
  • Out the Door...1 coat
  • Revlon in Starry Pink...1 coat
  • Seche Vite...1 coat
 
See all Wet n Wild Megalast Polishes posts...
The entire line of colors are amazing!

16 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job! I love this and I think it would be work appropriate and I think non-addicts would agree, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hate starting at a new job! Everything is new...A new place, new people and naked/boring nails...(for now)! : (

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the new job - and the mani is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty manicure.
    P.S. Congrats on a new job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is gorgeous! i really love how you added glitter but still kept the mani soft and subtle!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very pretty. I wish I could fun that revlon, it's so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It really is a very nice polish for being so subtle. Hope you are able to pick one up. It is a great one!

      Delete
  6. Looks gorgeous. It's the kind of thing I'd wear to an interview :] Hopefully you won't have to be too concerned with what you wear all the time! Congrats on the job! :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I plan to stay on the "plain" side for another week at the most. Then we will see what they say as I wear progressive "less plain" manis as the days go by! ; )

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on the job! As for the polish, I think your pink base is appropriate, but the glitter may be too much for more conservative offices.

    Whether or not the polish is appropriate to wear will ultimately depend on you knowing your office. What do other women wear (clothes and not just nails)? Not knowing your office (yet) is a definite downside to starting a new job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thankfully I do not work in the corporate world, so I don't have to deal with an corporate office environment. I work more in a creative, artsy type environment, so I know I don't have to worry too much about it. It just depends how the owner is about it all. We will see! : )

      Delete
  8. I love this combination! It's neutral and not flashy but still glittery and feminine. Nice work! My job is a bit conservative, so I have to make sure I plan my manis accordingly. The ladies that work with my closely always love to see my polishes and such, but the higher ups don't appreciate the flashy greens and blues. Whatev. Haha I just go crazy on the weekends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is a good neutral with a little kick of sparkle to it. I wore my 4th of July mani into work today and my boss didn't say anything. The customers went nuts over them...they loved them. How can a boss complain when it is making the customers happy?!?! Haha! :p

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog. I love to hear from my readers and I read and reply to every comment. Thanks again! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...