I had the day off work today so I had some extra time to try something new. I really wanted to try something with a bit of color and interest to the design. So I decided to try a modified tie dye design for the base polish to create a psychedelic look to the stamping.
And boy, oh boy was it sooo hard to get seven lines of seven different colors on each nail! Some were more successful than others...some you can barely see the purple, but thats OK, not a big deal. Lesson learned...my beloved fat, thick brushes are horrible for this mani...yes, I am looking at you my favorite little Wet n Wild Megalasts! Keep in mind the width of your brushes when selecting your color palette! It is best to use polishes with narrow brushes for sure.
Next, instead of smudging the colors lightly with my dotting tool to create the tie dye, I went a bit more heavy handed to take *off* some of the polish. My idea was to try to get that difference in the base color to come through the stamping to get that psychedelic look. You can see it better in the last pic in this posting. I can see it somewhat...not as much as I was hoping for...it's ok...I like it overall. : )
This mani took foreeeeever to do and my neck could use a chiropractor! It could certainly be better, but for the first time attempting something this intricate I am Ok with it.
For this manicure I applied the following (loooog list!):
- Milani Smoothe Base Coat
- Wet n Wild in I Red A Good Book (red)...1 stripe on each nail
- Sinful Colors Nail Art in Bad Chick (white)...1 stripe on each nail
- Sally Hansen Extreme in Sun Kissed (orange)...1 stripe on each nail
- Confetti in Margarita Senorita (yellow)...1 stripe on each nail
- Sinful Colors in Exotic Green (green)...1 stripe on each nail
- Sinful Colors in Grecian Sun (blue)...1 stripe on each nail
- Wet n Wild in On A Trip (purple)...1 stripe on each nail
- Out the Door...1 coat
- Nail Plates BM-206, CH7 and RA-106
- Sinful Colors in Snow Me White For Image Color
- Sache Vite...1 coat
You can see the psychedelic look in the stamping better in this closer up pic. Ok...I am exhausted from this mani, but it was fun to do. I need a nap! ;)