Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Tie Dye Under Waves and Circles... Psychedelic Design!

I had the day off work today so I had some extra time to try something new. I really wanted to try something with a bit of color and interest  to the design. So I decided to try a modified tie dye design for the base polish to create a psychedelic look to the stamping. 


And boy, oh boy was it sooo hard to get seven lines of seven different colors on each nail! Some were more successful than others...some you can barely see the purple, but thats OK, not a big deal.  Lesson learned...my beloved fat, thick brushes are horrible for this mani...yes, I am looking at you my favorite little Wet n Wild Megalasts! Keep in mind the width of your brushes when selecting your color palette! It is best to use polishes with narrow brushes for sure.


 Next, instead of smudging the colors lightly with my dotting tool to create the tie dye, I went a bit more heavy handed to take *off* some of the polish. My idea was to try to get that difference in the base color to come through the stamping to get that psychedelic look. You can see it better in the last pic in this posting. I can see it somewhat...not as much as I was hoping for...it's ok...I like it overall. : )


This mani took foreeeeever to do and my neck could use a chiropractor! It could certainly be better, but for the first time attempting something this intricate I am Ok with it. 


For this manicure I applied the following (loooog list!):
  • Milani Smoothe Base Coat
  • Wet n Wild in I Red A Good Book (red)...1 stripe on each nail
  • Sinful Colors Nail Art in Bad Chick (white)...1 stripe on each nail
  • Sally Hansen Extreme in Sun Kissed (orange)...1 stripe on each nail
  • Confetti in Margarita Senorita (yellow)...1 stripe on each nail
  • Sinful Colors in Exotic Green (green)...1 stripe on each nail
  • Sinful Colors in Grecian Sun (blue)...1 stripe on each nail
  • Wet n Wild in On A Trip (purple)...1 stripe on each nail
  • Out the Door...1 coat
  • Nail Plates BM-206, CH7 and RA-106  
  • Sinful Colors in Snow Me White For Image Color
  • Sache Vite...1 coat


You can see the psychedelic look in the stamping better in this closer up pic. Ok...I am exhausted from this mani, but it was fun to do. I need a nap! ;)


14 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous! I really like how bright it is :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yeah, it is a bright one, for sure. Gland you like it...'cause it took forever to do! ; )

      Delete
  2. This came out so freakin fantastic!! You did an amazing job! Hey I know that one stamp haha. I love these, I hope you kept them on for a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...did you have flashbacks? Thanks. They do look really cool on. I just did it today and I am going to wear these suckers out. They are going to have to fall off my nails if they are coming off any time soon! :D

      Delete
  3. Wow...so much time to do this mani but the end result is totally worth the effort. It looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hema. Glad you like them. I can't stop staring at them. They do look pretty good on.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks...glad you like it. And there were maaaany colors to love! :)

      Delete
  5. Hi, I am one of your new followers. This mani is WOW...how much time did you spend doing it? So many polishes, you creativity exploded here...love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...glad you like it. This mani took 3 hours, not including pictures and blog time! The time flew by and I didn't realize how long it was taking. I totally missed lunch, which I was ok because I need to drop 10 pounds! Sound like a new diet plan...diet by "involved manis"! :D

      Delete
  6. oh my goodness....Kelly please come do my nails! You rock girl, really!! These are the best ever! I've tried stamping and I suck at it. I love the look though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thanks Amber! I am glad you like them. This mani was a very time consuming one!

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog. I love to hear from my readers and I read and reply to every comment. Thanks again! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...